Female privilege is getting to claim a headache to avoid sex.
Female oppression is having to claim physical illness to avoid sex because men won’t take a simple fucking “no” for an answer.
Female oppression is men being so entitled that they think being denied sex is oppressive.
The story gets weirder …
The man accused of faking sign interpretation while standing alongside world leaders like U.S. President Barack Obama at Nelson Mandela’s memorial service said Thursday he hallucinated that angels were entering the stadium, suffers from schizophrenia and has been violent in the past.
Thamsanqa Jantjie said in a 45-minute interview with The Associated Press that his hallucinations began while he was interpreting and that he tried not to panic because there were ”armed policemen around me.” He added that he was once hospitalized in a mental health facility for more than one year..
A South African deputy cabinet minister, Hendrietta Bogopane-Zulu, later held a news conference to announce that “a mistake happened” in the hiring of Jantjie.
Government officials have tried to track down the company that provided Thamsanqa Jantjie but the owners “have vanished into thin air,” said deputy minister of Women, Children and People with Disabilities Hendrietta Bogopane-Zulu.
So basically they have no idea how they hired him. If true that he was hallucinating on stage, that’s unfortunate, but this certainly seems like a situation where the vetting process totally broke down.
collections that are raw as fuck ➝ rami kadi s/s 2013
1. The area around Union Market reminds me of some of the poorer areas of Istanbul: small ethnic food markets crammed between shops selling bolts of fabric, unfeeling gray exteriors and red-lettered signs, the feeling of movement and humanity even when the streets are nearly empty. It is very different from everywhere else I’ve been in the city, but it feels very familiar.
2. In other news, I ran into TWO of my regulars at Union Market. I also got black vanilla bean tea from Pearl and a goat cheese/gruyere/poblano pepper/red onion grilled cheese from Ris. Good trip.
3. Smash! will be the end of me.
4. HAVE PROCURED ICE CUBE TRAYS. HAVE ICE FOR COCKTAILS. DO NOT HAVE A FUNCTIONING MICROWAVE BECAUSE REPLACEMENT TURNTABLE ONLY SHIPPED TODAY, BUT HAVE ICE FOR COCKTAILS. #adult
5. Came up with Christmas presents for both of my parents while wandering around Adams Morgan, neither of which could be gotten in Adams Morgan, but still. Progress.
6. Used up all of self-control to keep from walking into Tattoo Paradise. Result: bought all of the food from The Silver Spork. Proceeded to eat all of the food. #stilladult
7. Finished the behemoth of an analysis of the House and Senate Congressional committees’ fearmongering, did this week’s Stuff You May Have Missed, and caught up on Tuesday night TV. What now, suckahs.
There’s one who’s blind. She’s the one that can see.
Dianne Feinstein’s and Mark Rogers’ assessment of terrorism is mostly off the mark. What isn’t is their concern for intelligence in policymaking.
This is a beast, but, well, there was a lot of misinformation to sift through.